Wednesday 2 April 2014

Giraffs (Figure and Object)

I was stuck with OUIL406 and OUIL401, so I decided to do some doodles to release tension then I came out with this.
Sketch

Then I decided to digitise it (just for fun) but after I finished the illustration, I realised that I could include this as my figure and object task for OUIL404.
Final

 I used a graphic tablet in Illustrator straight away and the blob brush tool (Shift+B). Actually I just discovered that tool on Illustrator and it is really cool and I really love it. 

I tried to add some depth in the illustration by adding some mountains and boats in a variety of sizes and colours.

If I had got extra time I would have produced some more illustrations but in a different style as you know my illustration comfort zone is using shapes and bold colours.

I think this piece of illustration is successful because of a good colour scheme, depth and composition. I am not very good at composition and depth but I think I am improving.

 I probably need to stop thinking critically about putting depth and composition (trying to draw an illustration with difficult composition,angle and depth), I mean I need to start off with a simple depth then work within it.


For the background scene I was inspired by 'Children book illustration' - Click here
--

I tried to add some gradient effects in the background but it did not turn out well.

And this is a gif that I produced.

No comments:

Post a Comment