Saturday 19 April 2014

A2 Poster

Create an A2 size document. I pasted his portrait. I want to put his name and his occupation 'English Mechanical and Civil Engineer'. I also want to include all my ships and bridges illustrations.

I start off by adding his portrait and some typography. I learnt from my ED Graphic Design that for posters, it is essential to design portrait rather than landscape.

I start to playing around with layout. I do not know how to connect the illustrations of his inventions, the typography and his portrait.

No, they all look awkwardly positioned.

I went on behance to look for inspiration, then I found this poster by Nicolas Carmine. I thought it looks interesting so I want to have a go.


But no. The layout does not look professional. Maybe I should do portrait instead. 

No.

No.

Hmmm, Got some potential.

I designers a poster for my sister and it have a reunion flag at the background so I though it might look good at my Brunel's poster and it does look good. 
Union Jack = United Kingdom = Brunel an engineer from the UK.
So I decided to try on my postcards so they would look as a set.

I don't like it as there are too much colour. So I decided to not do this idea.

I tried to change Brunel's blazer's colour to the same colour scheme as other illustrations (ships and bridges) but it looks wrong ( too colourful). I decided to stick with the original colour portrait.  I just don't know how to make the portrait, the stamps and the postcards work as a set. 

This might be my final A2 poster and I do not think that I could develop this further.


No comments:

Post a Comment