Tuesday 29 April 2014

Final crits and final refinement.



I really want people to comment on my poster as it looks quite empty but in peer feedbacks they only have commented on my blog e.g. how organised and up to date my blog is.

So I decided to ask other people, I showed some of my development works and they like my poster with the Union Jack as the frame. They advised me to:
  • Change the typography to his inventions' and the date. 
  • Add the Union Jack at the portrait's background.
  • Zoom in invention's illustration at the poster's background.
These are some sketches.
Left sketch - zoom in inventions' illustrations at the background
Right sketch - Union jack at the background

As well as that, during the crits we were discussing how important of having all these finals to work as a set. This makes me realised that no matter what happen, I need to make sure that my finals work as a set; and it is okay to try and error.

Anyway, so I start off with adding the Union Jack on the background.

I start of by illustrating a union jack. Copied and pasted into the background.

Cmd+A and Intersect

Tadaaa. Nice.

Now, I played around with the typography. I was thinking where is the suitable place to put it.

At the bottom ?

I delete Brunel's name and put the year's on the invention have been created in centred. But it look wrong

I tried to make it align left.

I tried to put the year above the name but it still look wrong. I think this was due to the year is too short and its name is too long. So I decided to stick with my original idea by putting Brunel's name and his inventions'.

I also changed the typography colour to a blue colour, the same colour as the poster so they work as a set. Hopefully these are my final postcards and I don't think I have enough time to change my ideas as the deadline for this module is a day after tomorrow. I still got OUIL401 to do.

I like the Union's Jack colour and the portrait, the colours really compliment each other. I believe this is my final A2 poster. But I think the Union Jack is too up.

So I moved it down a bit then I realised that both side was not equal...
and I also refined the edges of the portrait as I thought it is essential because this poster will be in A2 (big scale) print so if I had a tiny mistakes, the audience would be able to see them clearly.


These are my final stamps.

Next : I need to print all these finals into special piece of papers. I probably need to be in college pretty early because print workshop usually very hectic with all these deadlines from all over courses.

No comments:

Post a Comment