Thursday 17 April 2014

I am still not very happy with my postcard then I decided to ask a friend called Aggy.
I showed her this image of my postcards and below are her comments.

 Basically she suggested:-
  • Make these postcards to an A2 poster
  • Too much colour, so all these illustrations are fighting for attention
  • Add some tone to Brunel's portrait
  • Too much blue

I think one of the reasons my design isn't working is because of the colours, there are too many colours. So I decided to start again with the colour pallet and the postcard's layout.

I went on behance and I found this simple illustration by Lukas Laibacher. His style of illustration reminds me of mine as mine are quite simplified shapes and bold tone of colour. I like the idea of adding the contents name on a ribbon.

These are some sketches for my postcards and I still went on Behance to get a better example.

A few minutes later, I found this piece of graphic design by Elise Hannebicque. I like how she placed the title; separated heading and sub heading and in between there is a line.



I decided to add Brunel's and his inventions name too. I used a font called Orator Std Medium as it is sans serif and legible. 

I made a new document and placed them central.

I changed the colour pallet and I think my illustration looks so much better.

I tried to add a border but I don't think a black border suits the illustration style.

I like how simple and effective my new idea is but I don't like the fact that I can't show my audience how great Isambard Kingdom Brunel is.
I changed the colours for my other postcards too.

To create another half of the bridge, I copied>pasted>right click> reflect.

I guess these are my final postcards

No comments:

Post a Comment