Thursday 3 April 2014

Brunel's portrait

Figure 1 and figure 2
 Figure 1 - I took a photograph of Brunel from the internet and decided to digitise it
Figure 2 - I tried to digitised it but I realised that figure 1 was not suitable for my final designs. This is due to the cigarette and I flung it difficult to illustrate the eyes and the hair. So I decided to get another Brunel's portrait.

Figure 3 and figure 4 
I started off by illustrating Brunel's portrait in Illustrator using the blob brush tool (shift+B)
Because his photograph is back and white, I had to guess the colour of his suit and I picked greys, white and black colours because most suit are monochrome. He wore quite a lot of layers, so I had to apply variety tone of grey.

Figure 5 and figure 6
figure 5 -  I added some details and I had to refine the edges to make it looks realistic and neat.
Figure 6 - I played with layers to separate different colours - makes my life easier and I can work quicker. 
Figure 7
Figure 7 - Isambard Kingdom Brunel's portrait done !

No comments:

Post a Comment