Tuesday 8 April 2014

postcard 2 - Royal Albert Bridge

Mixed two photographs into one to make an illustration.

Using the pen tool (P), Lise segment tool (/) and the rectangle tool (M) to create the shapes of the Royal Albert bridge

I just wanted to see how it looks like when I put the bridge illustration on the postcard document.

Inspired by this photo of Royal Albert bridge to add some details.

I added some details - bricks using the line segment tool.

This was how it looked like after I added some details on both side bridge towers. The bridge is pretty much done so I went on google images to see how the Royal Albert's environment.

Royal Albert bridge is surrounding my a river, trees and some boats. I realised that the bricks for the towers bridge and the piers' bricks are different. The tower's bricks are bigger than the piers' brick as well as the colour of the bricks. So I need to edit my piers' bricks size and the colour.

I just changed the colour of the piers and shrink down the size of the bricks and copied pasted them. 
I only edited the left tower bridge then copied and pasted them for the right tower bridge. > save time and they are identical.

It is the time for me to add some background. I wanted to add some depth so I drew some black lines as a guide for my dept of field.

I might add a bridge road on the right and some clouds. I also thinking of adding some boats but I don't know as I'm afraid if I would confuse my audience. This is because Brunel did not invent boat but ships.

I added some clouds and a bridge road. I think I need to edit the trees. I used the same clouds as my previous postcard.

The sky look so dull. I made the trees smaller and smaller to show some depth effect.

I tried to use the same gradient effect as my previous postcard and I think it look better. I do not know if I should add a train. I might do actually. 

I tried to change the trees' colour for this postcard by using the same colour as my previous postcard's trees but I don't think it look good so I decided to stick with the original green colour and changed the previous postcard tree's colour instead.

From left green tree colour to the right green tree colour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment