Saturday 25 January 2014

Random Illustration 2

This is a basic sketch for my second random illustration, page 24. 
A snail saw its own friend got killed. 

As usual I live traced + digital painted using my Photoshop steps on an A5 landscape document.

Figure 1 and Figure 2
I changed the quote to 'Rest in peace' to 'R.I.P' as I found it hard to illustrate lots of typography in a small amount of space. Similar case to the 1st story - An Innocent Boy.
I was having a problem of getting the right colour for the bubble speech and the typography (oh god, I forgot to print screen them).

Figure 3 and figure 4
Figure 4 - I had had to make sure that I placed the right angle for the eye ball > making sure that the snail look at the direction of his friend being killed.
I had a feedback from a friend saying that 'snail's blood is green not red'; so we went on google images and he was right. But I thought to leave it as it was as people recognised red as blood.
Oh yeah, I changed the mouth on figure 3 to figure 4's to make it look accurate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment