Saturday 25 January 2014

Front Cover

This was my first idea for the front cover. 
Figure 1 and figure 2
Live traced figure 1. 
I used the same font as before called KG Primary Pen.
For some reason I don't think this illustration suitable for the front cover.

So I decided to go back and do some sketches and I decided to go with this one.
The book title surrounding (?) by snails

 I don't like the font because I thought it looked funny and too skinny for the front page. It does not look professional enough and I knew I can do better than that.
 I want my front look consistent - I want all my fonts look similar e.g. I want my front cover font looks the same/similar to the 1st story and the 3rd story > as I made my own font.


So what I did was as usual, I drew the typography on my sketchbook and scanned> Photoshop> live traced them.

and yes, It worked. 
- I realised that I am not very good at live traced something without an image/sketch on the background as guide.

Sneak peek behind the scene - me live traced 'CRACK!'

I changed the Hue & Saturation to green grass colour to make it look like grass - Snails always near grass.
Then by using my snails, I copied and pasted it and placed them randomly and it look well nice ! These snails look alive ! Bang on !


I tried to add a border around it but I don't like it - it looks too much green. So I decided to go with negative space. - white background with the book title in the middle as the focus point. 

-
The book cover is the most important part for a book as it attract with audience. e.g. when I go to bookshops I tend to look at the book cover. If I like the cover then I will look inside the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment