Saturday 25 January 2014

Random Illustration 1

This is a basic sketch for my Random Illustration, page 6. 
A moment when snails does not have enough time to 'run away' other than giving up and ready to die. (haha). 
I live traced it.

Figure 1 and 2
As usual by using my Photoshop techniques to create this page - digital collage.
I have copied the grass, textures and trees that I made earlier on.
I changed the trousers colour from green to red as I wanted to place trees on the background - there would be too much green if I left the trousers green coloured. 
I changed the snail skin's (?) to make them look a set. 
By the way I used the same trees as story 3. I just copied the merged tree layer. I duplicated it if needed.

Figure 3 and 4
I tried to add some bubble speeches but they does not look right for some reason. I even tried with different shapes, but it just.. a no.

Figure 5
This how I made my bubble speech. I have used the Ellipse tool to create a round shape> Lasso tool to create the actual bubble speech's shape. Good thinking Zatul.

Figure 6 and 7
So I decided to just delete the bubble speech and follow the sketch - placed the typography around the snails.

Figure 8 and 9
I decided to change the colour from blue to red as I thought 'aaa, blue is a positive colour'. 
I changed them to red colour and it worked well. I don't like the G because it looks too skinny (?) - does not suit with the 'R' and 'H' on figure 8. So I decided to redraw it by live traced figure 9

Figure 10 and 11
Compared to figure 3,4. For figure 10, I tried to place the quotation 'Nooo' around the snails. - Yes I changed the quote from the original sketch from 'Arghh' to 'nooo'.

Figure 12.
I added counters for A,R and O to make my typography look more professional. The lines behind the shoes showed movement. I have used one of my texture to create the lines.
Overall I am very satisfied with this page *Happy dance*

No comments:

Post a Comment