Saturday 25 January 2014

Indesign

The time has come !
Yes, after 2 1/2 weeks of exhausted, I could finally placed all my illustrations on InDesign.
I made a document in Indesign (Cmd+N) like below:-
I also kept my InDesign notes next to me to reminds me stuff.

So click click click, tadaaaa. 

--
  I have used 'rectangle tool' to measure and to make sure that my illustrations were in the middle of the page.

Then here came some problems.
1. my A5 book was too big to print into an A3 paper size. 
So the technician told me to 'shrink to fit' so my book would be a bit smaller than A5. He told me that it would not effect my illustrations. 

Print settings on Indesign.


I need to change few things on Indesign's print setting before printing my book. e.g. Get the right paper size, crop marks, book type: saddle stitch.

So basically, at the end my book is smaller than A5 landscape. Here the dimension 200cmx141cm. But I don't mind as long as my illustrations look fine and not blurred.


So after I printed (the mock up), I realised there were more problems! (urghhh, this is what they call education. You keep making mistakes. Anyway...)

This is my 1st trial looks like.

I realised that my front and back over illustrations wasn't aligned. So I need to go back to Indesign to make sure it aligned. 

I realised that I forgot to put counter for my 1st random illustration, so I had had to go back to Photoshop and put the counters on the typography-_-

I just realised that I didn't put the illustrator's name on my book which is me. So yeah, go back on Photoshop and changed 'The End' to 'With Love, Zatul Iffah Fakharuldin'

No comments:

Post a Comment