Tuesday 21 January 2014

I also researched into different approach of telling a story e.g. frames, speech bubbles, viewpoints from a book called '99 Ways to Tell a Story: Excesses in Style' by Matt Madden.






What I have learnt from this research are:-
  • Frames doesn't have to be square. It could be vertical, horizontal or no frame
  • For idea development, I don't have to draw properly. Simple sketches would do
  • Bubble speeches does not have to be square shapes e.g. cloud shape or circle
  • It looks more professional if I put bubble speeches top right or left ? for my narrative
  • There are a lot of viewpoint e.g. closed up, skyline, bird viewpoint, extreme zoom
  • A sans serif font will look good as it is easy to understand for fonts
  • I like the 2nd row on right image, where the artist added '1.15' to show the traveling time of the brick.



No comments:

Post a Comment