Thursday 23 January 2014

Pattern Page

Pattern pages will be double page spread. I will place them on the page number 2,3 and 26,27. So page number 2 and 26 will have the same illustration and page number 3 and 27 will have the same illustration.

I started to digital collage my pattern page, life traced it on Photoshop. 
Here are the steps.
Scan the sketches> open on Photoshop> A5 landscape paper size>  Change the sketch images to a lower opacity> at the same time open pattern images on photoshop> Copy pattern images (Cmd+C)? Paste in on the sketches document> Using the Pen Tool to cut the texture images into the right shapes> slick at 'Load path as selection'> Cmd+X.

I clicked Hue & Saturation to change the colour and tones of the pattern 

But then I realised that I have't got enough sketches as I only drew 4 feet (click here to see the sketches). 

So using these reference images, to guide me draw more feet 
 Me wearing different shoes of mine - so i can get the right shape, angel and viewpoint.



These are some more  sketches for the pattern pages.




To digitise these illustrations> repeated the same steps on on Photoshop.
Each illustration have its own document ( I made each feet illustrations saparately). 

The real size for each illustrations are A5 landscape as I'd rather create an illustration bigger and scale it down than make it small and blow it up. - prevent blurriness

 I placed each one of these illustration on a new A5 Landscape document.
I used grids to help me out and I leave 1cm each sides for bleed.

I added snails and grass around feet illustrations to give a sense of natural as snails live near 'green' colour places.



Click here for (fail) snails and grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment