Sunday 2 November 2014

RESPONSIVE: Singing Competition (Poster)


Malaysia community will be having a singing competition for ladies only. So the commute want me to design them three posters to promote the event.
1. Singing competition poster
2. Photography competition poster
3. Poster competition for the event itself.

These are my research:-


Some ideas generation.
I had an idea of mixing typography and illustration on the posters as I believe that illustration have the power to attract people more than the typography posters.

This is (above image) the colours that they want me to use which are green and purple.

These two (images above) are some of my early posters that I designed based on my ideas. However I did not use them for the final posters. 

I was almost giving up but then I decided to do more research on google images. I just googles 'Typography poster'
Then I saw this poster.

This inspired me to design my poster like below

I tried to mix some colour together (green and purple but they look so wrong together). But then I decided to do one colour which is green and I showed it to the client and she liked it. However, she told me to still use green and purple for another posters which are for the poster competition's poster.



^So few hours later, I presented to her these then she agreed to put only a colour into the poster competition's poster. She picked the purple posters. She told me that I can pick whatever colour for the photo competition poster and I selected pink (because I am obsess with pink nowadays)


^My friends promote the event on a social media by using my poster that I designed.



I have learnt that clients can often be really demanding and they want me to design their own idea even though I (the designer) disagree with them. The client usually agrees with me after I prove to them they their sedan i not working w.g. looks unprofessional and does not really achieve the result they are seeking.

I have continued to use Illustrator and find it hard to distance myself from it but I do now know how to as I think Illustrator is the quickest way to finish off a poster. SOmetimes when I design a poster in Illustrator it can take me as little as an hour.

I have also learnt that combining green and purple does not work. they look displeasing together on a poster. But maybe a different tone of green/ purple would work.

No comments:

Post a Comment