Tuesday 11 November 2014

Lino print, monoprint and etching.

Lino print 


This is my lino that I have cut and it is a finger pie. 


I like the outcome. For my final products, I probably will be using 2/3 colours so I have to go to print room at some point to experiment with different layers in lino print. 

Monoprint.

These are some cuts-out that I made by using some papers and craft knife for my mono print. 

These images above are some mono print that i created by using some cut-outs that I made earlier. My favourite one is the right one. I used to colours and added some net. I am considering of using mono-print for my final outcomes but probably will be using a darker tone of colour to suit my theme and author.

I know the colour does not suits with the theme at all but this image above is also one of my favourite mono print that I created. To create the dots I used powder by spindling it onto of the mono print plastic base 

Hello.

I tried to put some letter but after I print it, the letter came out the wrong way round. So If in the future if I want to add some typography in my lino/mono print, I need to make sure that the letter wrong way round so when I print it, the typography on the mono print will be on the right way round.

This another technique of mono print where I draw onto of it by placing a piece of paper above the plastic base. I like the effect (unwanted textures) that its created.

Overall I really enjoy mono print  as it is easy and quick to make. I think mono print and lino print are two techniques that I am considering for printing onto my products. 

Etching.
This is my etching plate that I already etch onto of it by using a 

I was trying to take out the ink out of my metal. I had to use a lot of tissue papers and this took me forever. 

This is what it look like after I added some ink and pressed it. I supposed, the whole techniques and process was amazing but not until when I had to take off all the ink from my plates which took me a while. I don't think I will be using this technique for my final design but it is good to consider though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment