Thursday 20 November 2014

Lino Print experimentation ( To Be Continued)

I found an interesting quote from Neil Gaiman book that says ' ..in a house on chicken legs', so I decided to illustrate it.

These images above are my contextual references.

SCAN MY DOODLES AND TAKE SOME PHOTOS OF FAILED LINO PRINTS






I didn't like my lino prints because I think I am too demeaning for clean and bold colours artworks.


So I decided to look at some multicolours lino prints.
and what I realised that they are minimalist, background colours are lighter than the foregrounds' colours, not more than 3 colours in a piece of lino print. 

Then I realised that I tried to treat lino print like Photoshop which I can put how many colours as I wanted. Well at least I learnt the lesson. If I had more time in the future I will experiment with lino print a bit more but I think for this studio brief (Printed Pictures) I will do my finals using the screen print technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment