Thursday 13 February 2014

Tea Party



Tea party spider diagram inspired by this.

Things to bring for my fake event, tea party ! 

I was planning to make a banner for my tea party inspired by these images..
I actually thought of buying fabric and sewing each letter onto fabric by hand and Lauren agreed with me. There were only me and Lauren today at the studio (from our team). Lauren got bits and bobs of fabric and sewing stuff e.g. thread, needles. So all I need is a 2 metre fabric for the banner + my group don't mind splitting the money too which is good. There is a cheap fabric shop near the market, 1 metre = £1.50.



This my visual of what my banner would look like, but I will use hand sewing technique.

However, after talking to some people from my course and my team, they suggested doing a bunting instead of a banner as most people create buntings for tea parties. So I decided to create  a fabric bunting like these images below:-

I am not very keen on buying fabric just for bunting so I decided to create a paper bunting and create my own pattern as inspired by  Eric Carle.

To do : pattern using paint, unconditional tools and newsprint papers. 
Tomorrow (Friday 14.2.2014) : Lauren will bring her DSLR, I will finish off my bunting and Adele's friend will pass me Adele's items.

No comments:

Post a Comment