Sunday 23 February 2014

gif


At first we were planning on dividing gif slide e.g. each person had to make sure to produce between 7 and 10 slides for the gif then we could just put the photographs together. But then after we had had a long conversation, we decided to do to photographs for the gif together.

Lauren made a den for her fake event and I made my tea party with teddy bears, paper cups, a teapot and a blanket. Then we decided 'oh why don't we just mix your event (mine) and Lauren's for our final gif? we can just stick our poster somewhere in the den' and I was like 'Yeahh that is a very good idea'
We wanted our final gif to be like a sequence.

 These are some photographs of our den  taken by Lauren (Thank you Lauren ! ). She had to use masking tape to stick  around the blankets to make then secure and neat.

figure 1


X and Y

Oh by the way Lauren took all these photographs as she made the den at her house. She took more than 130 photos and X and Y are some of them

Well at first we went to her house but then Lauren realised that her DSLR had run out of battery as well as she had left its charger at her friend's house and I had left my DSLR at studio. We had no choice but to go back to the studio and let Lauren do the photography part.

 Above - our posters that we stuck in the den at Lauren's

Below are photographs that we thought were suitable for our final gif
Figure 2
Problem : Some of them  are portrait. So we decided to not used the portrait image for our gif as most of our images are landscape.

Figure 3
I think it was a shame not to make a gif out of our portrait photographs, so I decided to make some.
I also had to delete the first 5 photographs from figure 2 as the photographs did not work as a sequence. So Adele and I had to pick another photograph that we thought might be suitable for our gif and we found these
figure 4

This is how they look like as a gif.
figure 5
I had to change the level for the last photograph on this gif above to make it brighter as these photographs were taken at night = lack of light

-------
We decided to change our quotes for gif to add some positive aura as we are encouraging these children to go out there and have some fun 
Figure 7
Figure 7 - lists of quotes that we came out with + internet
We decided to go with 'Growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional'
We also decided to delete the 'but'. So our final quote for the gif is 'Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional'

Figure 8 and 9
Figure 8 -  I made this typography out of the pattern that I made earlier. But I don't think the font is suitable for my target audience who are children and parents. I did this before we decided to change our quote for the gif
Figure 9 - So we decided to get a more friendly font from defont.com. We used the magic wand tool (W) and the brush tool (B) to colour them in. We have picked bright colours to appeal to target audience and press Cmd+Y to prof colour !!

We were considering adding a coloured background...

figure 9 and 11


figure 11 and 12


Figure 13 and 14
 .. but then we realised that this page would look better with a white background.

Figure 15
Oh, I just want to show my blanket that I made using my pattern. Hihihhi. Happy time. I am going to cherish it forever. I just loooove its textures and patterns

Some other experiments with portrait images

I had so much fun making gifs. Reminds me of my old times when I wanted to do BA (Hons) in Animation. Lol. 

Overall, our gif> 28 frames. 3 slides of 'Growing old is mandatory'>22 slides of images and 3 slides of 'Growing up is optional'

Quote slides > 0.8 seconds > so audience would be able to read them.
images slides >0.3 seconds > faster so animated

This is what our Photoshop looked like when we were making our gif



Our quote gif. I am loving them man !

Below is our final gif.
 I had to add some Iris blur effect on some of images to make the middle of the photographs the focal point

--
A2 poster

 Figure 16  and 17
These are the two finalists for our A2 poster. After having an argument (lol sort of) with Adele ( I picked figure 16 and Adele picked figure 17), we decided to ask Lauren (coz she was panicking about seeing Richard and was doing her essay), Lauren said 'Oh i like figure 17 but it does not have many elements for our events, so I'll go with figure 16'. ( I was like 'Yeeeey I won ! hahah !') lol

So yeah we decided our A2 poster is figure 16 but I slightly edited it.
Filter>Blur>Iris Blur - to make the middle of the photograph the focal point

figure 18
Figure 18 is our final A2 poster

I think our final would look nicer if we put some real drink and food e.g. muffins, chocolate and cakes
I wanted to use toys that related to children so I decided to use teddy bears as most children have teddy bears in their bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment