Tuesday 25 February 2014

1st lllustrator tutorial


Illustrator –
>Vector based image - be able to scale illustration without lose its quality
>To read : Vector Graphic Wikipedia – the use of geometric primitive (everything made out of..)  such as points, lines either the lines are curve or straight and shapes.

>Pixel image – resolution > pixel per inch – general rules >
Dpi – dots per inch
Ppi – pixel per inch
72 dpi for screen

>Billboard – smaller dpi as billboards are big, we need distance to look at it. 

figure 1
>There are a lot of different 'profile' e.g. print, web, device. If I choose 'Print' these will be

figure 2

>We'll work with millimetre. Colour code: CMYK
>rastle effect - 
>I still can change my size setting, units, bleeds etc.
>New stuff/setting from Illustrator >> 'Number of Artboards'
e.g. double sided of business card or postcards etc.
>K stands for black = key (?)
B = Blue in RBG

figure 3
>Zoom out of a document
>That whole grey idea will be save when I save my document. I can do experiments or tests - only on >Illustrator, as in Photoshop I only can work on the document (white space)
>But when I'm printing my work, it will be only print on the white space 

figure 4
>In photoshop solid square foreground and background, but in Illustrator - black - colour of the line/stroke colour and the white square above - filled stroke. 
>Square with a red line across get rid of fill and stroke colour
>Block colour at the front > the ones that you want to change its colour (actie colour that you want to change) > shortcut 'X'

figure 5
Black arrow - Selection tool - will select all object
White  arrow - Direct selection tool - select individual point

figure 6
Lastly we did the pen tool exercise

No comments:

Post a Comment