Thursday 20 February 2014

Poster ideas

 
Figure 1 and figure 2.

Figure 3.


  • This was my first idea, a teddybear  drinking tea. 
  • Figure 1 is a sketch from my sketchbook. Figures 2 and 3 are A3 sized sketches but I found it was hard to get the proportions right. e.g. Figure 1 - the head is too big. Figure 3 the angle of the head looks wrong.
  • I don't think the audience can get the 'tea party' atmosphere from my illustration. 
  • I am probably going to stick with the idea of bunting. 
Then I went back to my sketchbook and I thought, 'Oh this is a good one'; pointing at the sketch figure 4

figure 4
A cup representing a tea cup with bunting around it. 
Next step: Draw it on a piece of A3 paper as my poster will be A3 size.

To consider : my poster must work as a set with Lauren's, Abby's and Adele's

show another sketch
Figure 5 and figure 6
I sketched some cups on A3 paper but I don't know why I could not get the right proportion. So after I had had a long thought, I decided to trace by using a photograph of a cup from google.

Figure 7
I was looking for a cup with a simple shape, the right angle that I wanted and contemporary design.

Figure 8 and Figure 9
Figure 8 - original sketch after I traced - Media : a fine-liner, a light box
Figure 9 - after I scanned figure 8 and changed the level (Cmd+L) then I wondered 'what am I supposed to do with the bunting's thread?'
 I changed the level and changed the layer and it made the background go a white colour so I had to scan a piece of cartridge paper so I could get the right tone of colour and texture as Lauren's poster.

Figure 10 and 11

  •  So I had had to stick the thread onto my sketch using sellotape>scanned>Go on Photoshop>A3 size document> Open figure 10>Cmd+L.
  • On Photoshop, I opened my pattern that I had made earlier. I had used the lasso tool (L) to create triangle shapes for bunting. 
  • Figure 11 - The bunting did not look right. The upper bunting looked 'wrong'.
 
Figure 12 and 13

  • A thousand times, I had to redo the figure 10 and 11's steps
Figure 14 and 15
 I  put our quote 'Don't Grow Up' below the cup illustration and have used the 'Wrap Text' to the quote's angle which is the same as the cup's shape. But I could not get it right so I decided to go back to Lauren's poster and look at how she put our quote on her poster and I saw she had used her own writing.

Figure 16
I practised my handwriting for my tea party poster on Illustrator using a Wacom tablet.
I found it quite difficult to write using the Wacom tablet, probably because I rarely use it but I know that I am improving .  A few minutes later, I realised there was no point of me doing this, I should have practised my hand writing for the quote on Photoshop straight away

Figure 17
So I went on Photoshop and I used the brush tool to practice my writing.


Figure 18
Me arranging typography on my poster. I have used sans serif font called 'Bebas Neue' as it is legible. I tried to make it as colourful as possible to make it appeal to my target audience.



Figure 19
A photograph that I took to draw my 1st idea (Figure 1,2 and 3)
 
This is my final poster

No comments:

Post a Comment