Tuesday 4 February 2014

3 Elements challenge

 First of all, I changed my subject because I don't think I can go any further with 'Native America & Cowboy'. My new subject is Food.

I decided to draw a chef pouring custard on top of an apple pie.

FIgure 1 and figure 2
Figure 3 and figure 4

 I tried to draw the same scenery but from various viewpoints - bird eyes, worm eyes, eyes protruding etc.
Inspired by this

I decided to go with Figure 2, bottom right viewpoint. I started to illustrate it in a piece of A5 size. I think the right hand looks wrong 

Figure 5

Here I am practising to get the right hand looking right


After I did a lot of trials, I decided instead of changing the right hand to make the belly look fatter  and it looks better than figure 5. 

Figure 6 and Figure 7

The chef's face looks too fat and not in proportion (?) so I had to redraw it (figure 7)

  • There are a lot of different viewpoints.
  • Some viewpoints are more interesting than the other
  • I had to imagine and perhaps act/positioning myself like a chef while I drew this so I could get the right angle of drawing - but it would be helpful >draw from real life (someone in front of me) or from a photograph. 
I start to coloured this in in Photoshop.

Then I realised that the edges look greesy like not smooth.

I asked one of my friend called Sophie, she said because my brush have some 'spacing'

I need to change the 'spacing' on brush setting to 1% so the edges of the brush is smooth.



No comments:

Post a Comment