Monday 4 May 2015

One to one tutorial

These are feedback from my one to one tutorial with Eleanor :-

1. Add detail to your illustration like Oliver Jeffers like shadows or detail at ur leaves.
I looked at how Jeffers add some lines at his illustration for example at his whales, which he added some white details on it and shadow. But I don't  think shadow will look good on my style of illustration but I will have a go on adding some white lines on my drawings. 

2. Change my grass shape as they look like crown. I agreed after she point out my grass (look at image Y the top 4 grass illustration)
Image X and Y.

Then inspired by image X, I redrew my grass and had had to edit some illustrations that have grass (e.g. illustration number 2 and tree). 


3. She advised me to only illustrate key moments from the story then but the quote next to it. This is because the story is too long and the book will be too think for a children book. This also suggested me to cut down my illustrations which what I am doing now. Phew !


I think this is a good idea and I will do this instead of illustrating all the scenes. I also had a problem with typography so by minimising typography in my book will solve my problem !



These two illustrations above are examples of my drawings that I edited the grass and added some white lines. I must say that they look much better than nicer. I am please with them outcome. 

Image above is my layout planning for my book. After I had my tutorial with Eleanor, I wanted my book to be not more than 32 pages. I probably will print my book on Tuesday either morning of afternoon on the deadline week. I need to make sure that I check all the spelling and make sure everything  is align etc. 

Thank you Eleanor !

To do : A bit more illustrations, place everything in Indesign, pattern for pattern pages, promotion poster and few GIFs.

No comments:

Post a Comment