Friday 14 March 2014

Postcard 3

My 3rd postcard is India.
Well, to be honest there is no particular reason for me to pick New Delhi for my 3rd postcard because I thought of picking two cities that I know well and another two cites that I rarely know so I can gain more knowledge.

Figure 1
These are my reference images that I took from internet.
Their public transport - Rickshaw
Famous game - cricket
Animal - Elephant
sightseeing - Lotus temple, Taj Mahal, The Red Fort.


Figure 2
Colours for my India postcard.

Figure 3
I had  to create my elephant twice as the first elephant that I did (left) looked wrong so I decided to get another photograph of an elephant and illustrated it (right)

Figure 3 and 4
I was always debating in my head by myself for the colour of each illustration. I suppose it's good because  that is proof that I am thinking.


figure 5 and 6

Figure 7
This is an illustration that I made for the Indian rickshaw. As usual I used the pen tool. At first I wasn't so sure if I should illustrate my rickshaw like figure 6 or figure 7 or leave it like figure 5. But finally I decided to go with figure 7 as it looked simpler and worked as a set with the rest of the illustrations on my Indian postcard

Figure 8 and 9
Again I was selecting the right colour for Taj Mahal

 I don't have any problem using Illustrator as I have been living with it for the past 3 years. In fact, Illustrator is my favourite software ever but I have discovered a lot more new techniques which is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment