Friday 7 March 2014

ideas and colour

I had 4 main ideas which are :-
Idea 1 and idea 2
Idea 1- The shape of Kuala Lumpur and place each landmark onto of it by following the real location.
Idea 2 - The shape of kuala lumpur as the ground shape and make the landmarks look 3D



Idea 3 and idea4
Idea 3 - A repeated pattern on illustrations - full on the postcard
Idea 4 -  A repeated pattern within a landmark shape.

My favourite ideas is figure 3, so I decided to have a go with it. If I have enough time, I am planning of using screen printing technique for my postcards. I will use their flag colours to represent each cities postcard.


India - Blue, green, white and orange

Malaysia - Red, Green, white and black

Malaysia - Yellow, blue, red and white

Korea - Black, white, red and blue

So all together I need blue, green, red, yellow, orange, black. 
If I can get maybe at least 2 cities postcards done this weekend, I can bring them to my screen print workshop this coming Monday. 

Artworks that inspired me
  • Limited colour pallet
  • Contract colours
  • Brighter colour outlined
  • Illustrations not overlapping each other
  • Pattern - place illustrations randomly on a page
  • A map for each sightseeing ?
  • Add a bit of pattern 


No comments:

Post a Comment