Thursday 30 April 2015

2nd and 3rd illustration.



Above are my main idea for the 3rd illustration. I was struggling to draw the curves in snail so I decide to drew one and scanned the drawing so I can trace the shape in Photoshop.

After I added all the detail at the snake and the background, I struggled with the actual colour of its skin. I tried different colour in 'Hue and Saturation'. 

After I had a long battle, I decided to choose a dark brown, inspired by the colour of a real python. I selected this colour also because to make sure that the snake is stand out with the background.

Image above is my main idea for the 4th illustration.


I did not save the snake's skin texture as a document/jpeg, so I spent a lot of time using the Hue and Saturation to get the right colour approximately up to 5 minutes. This taught me to save any textures that potentially i will use more than once e.g. snake skin, its texture, ground textures as one file/jpegs so in the future i don't have to spend a lot of time to get the right colour like.

No comments:

Post a Comment