Saturday 21 December 2013

Book Binding research.

At first I thought of doing perfect binding technique but after I got some advices from some tutors at book binding studio, they told me that perfect binding does not suit with my book of style as I only have 7 pages. Perfect binding is perfect for lots of pages book e.g. magazine, text books.
Hardcover book binding


I like this ones but after I look at it properly, this book contained lots of pages. Hard cover = limited canvas (for the cover) = Can't print on top of the canvas ( I could print screen it but nah).  So I decided to do paper cover with saddle stitch,

Paper cover and saddle stitch book binding.





These are some example of saddle stitch that they've got at Vernon Street. Charming. It is very easy to make.


No comments:

Post a Comment